I love making ground meat/chicken/ turkey crumbles and putting “stuff on top of stuff” as Melissa Hartwig refers to it. I defrosted ground chicken and all I could think about yesterday was coming home and making avocado zucchini chicken poppers and maybe some guacamole on the side…. the only problem was that when I got home last night I was beyond exhausted and just wanted to collapse. The thought of grating the zucchini and and shaping the chicken was NOT appealing. So what I did was break up the whole package of ground chicken into crumbles in a greased pan using a wooden spoon and topped it with unlikely ingredients with a surprisingly divine end result! I plated it with water cress whose taste reminded me of arugula and garnished with cilantro to make it look pretty of course 🙂
Sesame Lime Chicken Crumble
1 tablespoon of cooking fat (I use avocado oil)
1-2 lb of ground chicken
4 large stuffing mushrooms
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1/2 tablespoon turmeric
Juice of 1 lime
1 bunch of green onions
Cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil in pan and then add package of meat
2. Using a wooden spoon break meat up into crumbles
3. Slice mushrooms and green onions (1/2 inch pieces)
4. Once the meat has browned add sliced mushrooms to pan with the turmeric, sesame oil, and coconut aminos. Keep stirring until mushrooms soften.
5. Squeeze the juice of a lime onto the meat and mix. Garnish with green onions and cilantro.
6. Serve with avocado and greens.