Most people who know me know how much I absolutely love my Instant Pot. I have always been a big fan of my crockpot but now that I can make all my crockpot recipes in a fraction of the time, my crockpot is now in a box in the garage somewhere! While I still prefer the taste of roasted chicken versus Instant Pot chicken, the one thing that is hard to mess up in a pressure cooker and is always delicious is chicken soup! I strategically make mine 2 hours before Shabbos and hit the “cancel” button and unplug the device right before I light candles which keeps the soup nice and hot. When it’s time to serve we have steamy, delicious, and golden chicken soup.
I add a whole bag of organic parsnips to the bowl because it imparts a sweet taste. Feel free to add any of your favorite soup veggies to your mix!
Once cooked, I use the soup chicken as a base for my whole 30 approved chicken salad which is just avocado mayo, pickles, and fresh dill.
Waiting patiently for her cup of soup 😊😋
Instant Pot Friday Night Chicken Soup
Time: 10 minutes prep, 1 hour and 15 min total cook time
- 2-3 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 lb of parsnips (scrubbed or peeled)
- 1 lb of carrots (scrubbed or peeled)
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 6 whole cloves of garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Combine all ingredients in the removable insert of the Instant Pot.
- Add water to the 2/3 mark.
- Using the “soup” preset, set the timer to 45 minutes using the +/- sign.
- Make sure the sealing knob is in the “sealed” position
- When the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally (usually 30 minutes)
Recommended products to make Instant Pot Soup: